- Why Java?
- Flavors of Java.
- Role of Java Programmer in Industry.
- JVM –The heart of Java
- Java’s Magic Byte code
2. Language Fundamentals
- The Java Environment
- Installing Java.
- Java Program Development
- Java Source File Structure
3. Basic Language Elements
- Lexical Tokens, Identifiers
- Keywords, Literals, Comments
- Primitive Data types, Operators
- Conditional statements and loops in Java
4. Object Oriented Programming
- Class Fundamentals.
- Object & Object reference.
- Object and Attribute Scope.
- Garbage Collection.
- Creating and Operating Objects.
- Constructor & initialization code block.
- Access Control, Modifiers, methods
- Defining Methods, Argument Passing Mechanism
- Method Overloading, Recursion.
- Dealing with Static Members. Finalize () Method.
- Use of “this “reference.
- Use of Modifiers with Classes & Methods.
- Design of Assessors and Mutator Methods
- Cloning Objects, shallow and deep cloning
- Generic Class Types
- Organizing Classes and Interfaces in Packages.
- Defining Package.
- CLASSPATH setting for Packages.
- Making JAR Files for Library Packages
- Import and Static Import
- Naming Convention for Packages
6. Extending Classes and Inheritance
- Use and Benefits of Inheritance in OOP
- Types of Inheritance in Java
- Inheriting Data Members and Methods
- Role of Constructors in inheritance
- Overriding Super Class Methods.
- Use of “super”.
- Polymorphism in inheritance.
- Type Compatibility and Conversion
- Abstract Class & Interfaces
- Implementing interfaces.
- Nested , Inner Class &Anonymous Classes
7. Exception Handling:
- The Idea behind Exception
- Exceptions & Errors
- Types of Exception
- Control Flow in Exceptions
- JVM reaction to Exceptions
- Use of try, catch, finally, throw, throws in Exception Handling.
- In‐built and User Defined Exceptions
- Checked and Un‐Checked Exceptions
8. Array & String:
- Defining an Array
- Initializing & Accessing Array
- Multi –Dimensional Array
- Arrays class
- Operation on String
- Mutable & Immutable String
- Using Collection Bases Loop for String
- Tokenizing a String
- Creating Strings using String Buffer
9. Collection Framework
- What is collection?
- Use of collection.
- Iterable, Collection, Set, Queue, List interfaces
- Collection classes
- Map Interface
- Map Clasess
- Collections class.
- Understanding Threads
- Needs of Multi‐Threaded Programming.
- Thread Life‐Cycle
- Thread Priorities
- Synchronizing Threads
- Inter Communication of Threads
- Critical Factor in Thread ‐DeadLock
- Applet & Application
- Applet Architecture.
- Parameters to Applet
- Embedding Applets in Web page.
- Applet Security Policies
12. A Collection of Useful Classes
- Observable and Observer Objects
- Math class
- Date & Times
- Using Scanner
- Regular Expression
- Input/output Operation in Java(java.io Package)
- Streams and the new I/O Capabilities
- The Classes for Input and Output
- Working with File Object
- File I/O Basics
- Reading and Writing to Files
- Buffer and Buffer Management
- Read/Write Operations with File Channel
- Serializing Objects
13. Networking Programming
- Networking Basics
- Client‐Server Architecture
- Socket Overview
- Networking Classes and Interfaces
- Network Protocols
- Developing Networking Applications in Java
14. Database Programming using JDBC
- Introduction to JDBC
- JDBC Drivers & Architecture
- CURD operation Using JDBC
15. GUI Programming
- Designing Graphical User Interfaces in Java
- Components and Containers
- Basics of Components
- Using Containers
- Layout Managers
- AWT Components
- Adding a Menu to Window
- Extending GUI Features Using Swing Components
16. Event Handling
- Event‐Driven Programming in Java
- Event‐ Handling Process
- Event‐Handling Mechanism
- The Delegation Model of Event Handling
- Event Classes
- Event Sources
- Event Listeners
- Adapter Classes as Helper Classes in Event Handling
- Anonymous Inner classes a Short –cut to Event Handling
- Event Types & Classes
17. New features in Java
- New addition of programming features in Java 1.7
- New addition of programming features in Java 1.8
18. Introduction to J2EE
- J2EE Overview
- Why J2EE?
- J2EE Architecture
- J2EE APIs
- J2EE Containers